- May 12: 26-year-old man gets double death sentence for raping and killing nephew’s 4-month-old daughter in Indore.
- May 17: 19-year-old man sentenced to death by a court in Dhar for raping and killing 4-year-old girl.
- July 7: 40-year-old man sentenced to death by a special court in Rehli of Sagar for raping a 9-year-old girl at a temple on May 21.
- July 27: 25-year-old ice-cream seller awarded double death sentence by a special court in Gwalior district for raping and murdering a 6-year-old girl on June 20-21 intervening night.
- July 27: 33-year-old auto-rickshaw driver sentenced to death by a special court in Katni for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old school girl on July 4.
- May 13: In Shahdol culprit Vinod alias Rahul sentenced for capital punishment for rape and murder of four year old.
- In Dhar four year old girl was raped and murdered the culprit was sentenced death penalty.
Tuesday, December 25, 2018
5 got death sentence for raping, killing minors in 45 days (Madhya Pradesh)
written by Staff Reporter August 1, 2018 09:21 AM
Bhopal: Enforcement of Capital Punishment Ordinance on April 21, has failed to desist people from indulging in immoral activities like rape and molestation in the state. Rapists have been awarded capital punishment in five different cases of minor’s rape by courts in the state. In total, the courts in state have awarded death penalty to rapists in seven rape cases. An important bill seeking to provide death penalty to those convicted of raping girls below the age of 12 years was passed by the Lok Sabha on Monday. ADG prosecution Rajendra Kumar informed Free Press that bill passed by Lok Sabha is one step ahead in executing capital punishment. Now the bill has to pass in Rajya Sabha and president of India will approve it before it becomes law.
He said that the state government have passed the bill in state assembly in which proved for capital punishment for the rapists of girls below age of 12. He added that many factors are common between the rapists in such cases including they are alcoholic, take sedatives, watch pornographic content and belong to low income group or are slum dwellers. He also informed that the department is monitoring other cases and putting them in fast track court for speedy disposal.
In just two and half month time five men have been convicted and sentenced to death for raping and killing minors in the state.
Source: https://www.freepressjournal.in/latest-news/bhopal-5-got-death-sentence-for-raping-killing-minors-in-mp-in-45-days-informs-adg-prosecution/1325811 (Accessed 25 December 2018)